Sick, Sick!

Carter has been coughing at night for about a week or so now. I didn't think much of it because she is fine during the day. Sunday she woke up with a low fever, and I assumed maybe it was just a tooth, but decided to stay home from church anyway. When she woke up from her nap her temp was up to 101.8. I knew she probably had something and called the doc. They said they really didn't want to send us to after hours and I went on and made an appointment for her the next morning at 8:30. We alternated Tylenol and Motrin for the rest of the day. When I took her temp that night before bed her temp was up to 104.3. I knew something was really wrong and called the after hours line. The nurse told me to give her more Motrin and take her temp in an hour. Thankfully it went down a couple degrees. 
David took Carter to the doctor the next day. He said the doctor looked really worried about her when he listened to her chest. They sent her for a chest x ray and he was pretty certain she had broncholitis and not pneumonia, which is what he was so worried about. He gave her a prescription and they headed home. When I got home that night she was still pitiful. About 6:00 my phone rang and it was our doctor. He told me he had the radiologist look at Carter's x ray and that she did in fact have some pneumonia on her left lung. It was not severe, so he still felt like the meds he gave her would take care of it. 
I stayed home with her today and she has been a little better and seems to feel ok. She is still the sweetest baby around even when she's sick!








Comments

Popular Posts